Wednesday, September 28, 2005

FOSSSL Week


(Yeap.. That's Rasmus[Father of PHP] and Me )
Schools and Uni Event
FOSS Week was held from 05th-10th. 05th evening I manage to attend to the schools and unvercity event organized by our LK LUGGERS. We had some cool topics like GNU/Linux for desktops(Sanjeewa and Mifan), Traprobane (Anurada), Debian Process(Martin Michlmayr) etc; etc;


As I'm new to the lk luggers, I don't quite know all of them. we have chinthaka, kapila, pardeeper, sudheera, anuradha, chamindra, mifan, sanjeewa , NIIBE (Kernel hacker from Japan) , half of Martin


Ah! there we have full martin , deep, buds,viraj and I think suchetha did take this photo :)

Codefest And Conferece
06th and 07th we had 40hr non stop coding.. There was a project on porting taprobane to 64 bit and they were doing a cool cross compilation... some of the jap guys were doing input methods. Anuradha was working on optimising the Taprobane boot up process and we actually had a contest between the Knoppix and Traprobane. Taprobane booted one miniute ahead of the Knoppix. Well... as for me, I made lot of friends eventhoug I didn't do much productive or creative work, I manage to promised that I'll give a hand with the Traprobane installer which will be in perl-gtk2 .
(need to get some pictures)

next day went home and slept slept and selpt.. and missed the php tutorials done by the father of PHP (Rasmus)..
wednesday, I ran to the conference, just to get a picture with Rasmus..

I meet lot of my classmates, aprently chanka got a new car although he didn't let me take a picture of him in his car.. The bugger thinks I might misuse it.. I don't know where these guys are getting weird ideas like that..

Good old buddy chanka and me

Final day at the conference.... I met Steve Leach a scientist, father of mill script (implementation of open spice), big chatter box and good friend of Rob bamber.. Apparently he was telling us about his days in HP and how he got people fired (ooops! hope he won't be in trouble) He's currently working for Openword.

Kapila, me, Thilan, Gayan, Steve Leach, Martin , Sanjeewa, Deepthi (Director of OW) and Chamindra (Sahana Project Manager) and of cause the bold guy behind Kaplia is Dr Sanjiva (lot of descriptions but I know very little about him, co-authour of WSDL, SOAP and Project manager of Apache Axis, member of OSI Board)

Misc Pictures












Hmm.. interesting picture. Sam Ruby and Rasmus wearing sarong :-)That's /dev/sun with greg


That's OW Gang with martinmysql /dev/sun php




2 comments:

Rukshan said...

Hi dude...

cool stuff man.

keep up the good work... ;)

All the best for ya!

- Rukshan D.

Anonymous said...

heya

nice to see you blogging, mate.

Hope to hear more from you!